Friday, May 16, 2014

Cycle # 2, Monitoring Appt #2

Today, all my questions were answered, I found out why and why not about everything, all the confusion was squashed.

At my appointment this morning, they only drew blood to check my progesterone level. I was not put on medication last appointment because my level was too high. The nurse said it was probably too high because only a week ago I was taking progesterone suppositories and also the injections. She also informed me that if the progesterone level is still too high (greater than 1.0), then the transfer will need to be canceled for this month. You can imagine the amount of stress and worry I have been feeling from this morning until this afternoon!! I finally received the email and its lowered: .39. The nurse was right, it was just high because of the medicines from last cycle. I guess the extra hormones are finally out of my body now. We can continue to monitor. 

I was instructed to start the Estrace pills, the same dosage as last Cycle: 1 pill, 2 times a day. My next appointment will be to check all the hormones flowing thru my body, and once again I will have a date with Mr. WW. I feel more at ease with these dates now because I can at least see my ovaries on the ultrasound and feel assured that I am not going to accidentally get pregnant with my own child. Not being on birth control still has me feeling a little nervous regarding that.


On Monday, I want to email my agency to ask them how is my IPs cycle coming along. I am hoping to be able to speak with them sometime soon. My next Monitoring Appointment will be on next Friday, May 23. That will be Cycle Day 13. Im thinking this will be the day they have me start the lovely injections again. My butt has been healing nicely and enjoying its vaca. 

No comments:

Post a Comment