Wednesday, May 23, 2018

The Legal Waiting Game, Part 2


So, lets pick up right where we left off. April 11, 2018, the perfect contract, awaiting approval from my IF. Well that didn’t happen. Things were excruciatingly quiet until April 24th. I received an email from my attorney with my IFs rebuttal. She had also requested that I call her that afternoon to discuss things. There were a couple things that were clarified and again it went back to the IF to wait for approval. 

That day came, the late afternoon of May 3rd. I received an email from attorney stating: here's the final draft of the contract. There were instructions on printing and signing with a notary. I was a bit confused but I just assumed that all my requests were approved. This was a Thursday. Under normal circumstances, we would have went right away to the notary, however my husband works 2nd shift and was already at work.

I was also flying out that night to Tennessee to be with my little sister on her wedding day. When I returned from my trip on May 8th, I printed the contract to review it one final time.


Good thing I did, because I had noticed a couple discrepancies! Now this is not a normal thing, even my lawyer later told me that hes never seen this happen in all the years that hes been an attorney. However, it happened with me. After emailing my attorney, on the 8th, a phone consultation was set the following day with another attorney of the group, due to my personal one being away at a conference in Tennessee!! Hahaha I thought that was a bit ironic and funny. Anyways, I explained to him what I had found and he promised to get to the bottom of things right away.  

May 10th I received an apology with the forreal final draft attached. Apparently my IF's attorney accidentally sent the wrong copy to my attorney as the final draft. After of course printing this copy out, I compared it to my redlined draft of changes that I had originally approved back on April 11th. Things looked A-OK so my husband and I went to the notary to sign it. I scanned the signature page and emailed it to my lawyer. The response told me they will send me a SASE for me to mail the full contract back to them and they will also 
forward the signature pages, that I had emailed them,  to the IFs lawyer so that he can set an appointment to get his side signed and notarized.  

The Hurry up and Wait thing gets old....quick! But theres nothing else to do. So we wait....and wait...and wait.... 

May 21st I received an email from my lawyer stating that they received my physical contract that I had sent, in the mail. I was happy and thankful that it hadnt gotten lost in the mail but, at the same time,  I was starting to get antsy. I had decided to send a message to my agency coordinator. She is CCd on all of the emails that go back and forth between everyone. She said my attorney just sent an email over to his attorney to find out the status of things.  


This afternoon, May 23rd, my super awesome and crazy amazing coordinator messaged me to say........that I have been officially legally cleared!!

 Wooohoooo!!! This has been a very long awaited day!!  Im beyond excited!   This gif is EXACTLY how I feel!!

No comments:

Post a Comment