Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Gotta love progression!

Still no sign of the contract, however I started my cycle late last night. This morning I emailed the fertility clinic, so tomorrow morning will be a "Monitoring" appointment. I will get more information tomorrow, and post about the appointment.

Since this will be a natural IVF transfer, I am not very familiar with this process. But from what I have gathered, there will be quite a few Monitoring appointments over the next 2 weeks, where they just do an ultrasound and keep an eye on my uterus and my ovaries. At some point, I will get a "trigger" shot. The official name is HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) trigger shot. It contains a synthetic form of the hCG hormone. I triggers the release of the mature egg. About 36 hours after the shot, I will ovulate. We wait about 5 days, and then do the transfer. During this time frame, abstaining from sex is crutial. This will ensure I dont get pregnant with my own egg.

 Unfortunately, I was told if the contracts arent signed by the the time my body is ready for the trigger shot, then there will be no shot, and we will need to wait until my next cycle, in May. :-(

 So for now, positive thoughts because I really dont want to cut things too close for my IPs. They want a transfer this month, so thats what I am focused on and praying for.

I also need to find out about the birth control pills because I would normally be due to start my next pack on Sunday night. So Im not sure if I am supposed to take them or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment